Al-Qadim: Enlightened Monsters (5th Edition)

Arabian Adventures in Zakhara, the Land of Fate.
The Book-House: Find Al-Qadim products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Al-Qadim: Enlightened Monsters (5th Edition)

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:40 am

Ray Chapel from Quasar Knight's Fantasy Blog has an article up called: Al-Qadim: Enlightened Monsters (5th Edition) that might be of use to some people.

He is looking at how 5e monsters might fit into Al-Qadim, but let me give it to you in his own words:
Ray Chapel from Quasar Knight's Fantasy Blog wrote:The core al-Qadim products along with City of Delights mention the more common monstrous races, so I figured to write up some entries on other monsters (namely humanoids and giants) in the major 5th Edition books. Right now this blog post handles the core Monster Manual and Volo's Guide, but I may work on Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes and perhaps some 3rd party sourcebooks if there's enough interest. The Monstrous Races sourcebook and its sequel on the DM's Guild even provides balanced racial options for just about every official 5th Edition monster, further sweetening the deal.
Take a look.

What do you think of his suggestions for the Monster Manual and Volo's Guide to Monsters?

Would you like to see him do the same for Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes and other books?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Al-Qadim: Enlightened Monsters (5th Edition)

Post by Tim Baker » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:39 am

I like what he's done. The monsters from Mordenkainen are generally a bit more challenging to add to an Al-Qadim setting. The adventures I've run for AQ tend to be more elemental themed, rather than outer planar themed. Nothing stands out that demands to be placed in AQ, at least off the top of my head, but I'm interested to see what he comes up with if he moves forward with that book.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

Return to “Al-Qadim”