Verbosh

From the Court of the World Emperor to the Barbarian Tribelands of Altanis. Explore Bob Bledsaw's Wilderlands under the shadow of the Invincible Overlord...
ShandyAndy
Orc

Verbosh

Post by ShandyAndy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm

Did the original Judge's Guild Verbosh come with maps or was it just a rulebook?

JamesMishler
Ogre

Re: Verbosh

Post by JamesMishler » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 am

Verbosh includes four pages of regional maps on pages 41-44; 41 is a large-scale map, 42-44 are smaller-scale maps of three sections of the large-scale map.

In my own copy, these were torn out, as they are in the center of the book (I am missing page 37/38, so I am missing details of Warrenburg).

Perhaps your pages were torn out?

Note that Verbosh is not a part of the Wilderlands; it was one of the few other campaign settings published by Judges Guild. IIRC, IIRC, the rights may have reverted back to the original authors, which is why it has never been published in PDF.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:42 am

What is Verbosh all about? Does it have any unique features?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

ShandyAndy
Orc

Post by ShandyAndy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:43 am

JamesMishler wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 am
Verbosh includes four pages of regional maps on pages 41-44; 41 is a large-scale map, 42-44 are smaller-scale maps of three sections of the large-scale map.

In my own copy, these were torn out, as they are in the center of the book (I am missing page 37/38, so I am missing details of Warrenburg).
Cheers for the info James
JamesMishler wrote:
Perhaps your pages were torn out?
I haven't got a copy but I've seen one on ebay and was thinking on bidding for it.
JamesMishler wrote:
Note that Verbosh is not a part of the Wilderlands; it was one of the few other campaign settings published by Judges Guild. IIRC, IIRC, the rights may have reverted back to the original authors, which is why it has never been published in PDF.
Ah, explains why is was missing from your map! OK, a low priority for me then.

JamesMishler
Ogre

Post by JamesMishler » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:30 am

Havard wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:42 am
What is Verbosh all about? Does it have any unique features?

-Havard
Verbosh is a typical snippet of a campaign region for the era in an early Sandbox style.

The most notable thing about the world is that it is apparently huge, though we see only a small snippet. The three smaller region maps are each 800 miles east-west by 1000 miles north south, and the center of the region depicted is described as being 16,000 miles north of the equator (and it is temperate). The larger region map is about 1600 e-w 2000 n-s.

The module includes the three regions described with lairs, ruins, and castles of minor sort, plus:

Village (town) of Verbosh
Wreck of the Iron Griffon sunken ship adventure
Town of Warrenburg
Bathon Tower adventure
Haygaras ruin description and temple adventure
Schawabg-Nau Tower description and adventure

You could actually run a full, major campaign merely with what is included in the 80 pages of the book.

Falconer
Troll

Post by Falconer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:13 pm

I’m running it right now. It’s quite nice! Actually there is a Town AND a Village of Verbosh (i.e., the village lies outside the walled town). Below the town are some sewers which my party is currently exploring.
Beggar’s Canyon 90s Star Wars
Old School Trek Star Trek TOS+OSR
Knights & Knaves Alehouse Old School GYGAXIAN games

Return to “Wilderlands”