Living Tal'Dorei: Organised play for Critical Role fans

Discuss published campaign worlds that do not have a specific forum here.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Living Tal'Dorei: Organised play for Critical Role fans

Post by Big Mac » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:51 pm

I stumbled onto a link to a website called Living Tal'Dorei, which is obviously some sort of attempt to launch an organised play campaign in the world created for the Critical Role show.

It looks like it is still fairly new. Here is what they have on their "What is Living Tal'Dorei" page:
Living Tal'Dorei wrote:WHAT IS LIVING TAL’DOREI?

Welcome to Living Tal’Dorei, a community based role-playing campaign set in Exandria, the wonderful world created by Matthew Mercer. Living Tal’Dorei is—first and foremost—a way for the Critter community to come together and join in role-playing adventures set in the beloved world born out of Critical Role.

Organized play in role-playing games exists for other settings—most notably the Forgotten Realms—but some of us are die-hard Critical Role fans who want nothing more than to immerse ourselves in the high fantasy world created by Matt Mercer. It can be hard to find a game to play in a niche setting such as this, but we know other Critters are out there: we just need to find each other! Here we hope to come together and do just that.

Living Tal’Dorei uses the fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons rules system, (along with the supplemental Critical Role: Tal’Dorei Campaign Setting if desired!) to quickly and easily create characters that can be brought to games anywhere Living Tal’Dorei is being played. Though the minds behind this community-based campaign series are based in New Jersey, it is our hope that we will be able to quickly grow this community and release content so that you can find and play in Living Tal’Dorei games literally anywhere, nationwide–including large-scale seasonal events.

Stay tuned as we settle into our new home here and announce exciting events and content to come!
It looks like they are still beta testing the adventures and will be going live with them on the 5th of April. But they already have several conventions booked for this year. The one at ConnCon is in March, so is probably a beta event for them.

There doesn't seem to be a Facebook page for Living Tal'Dorei yet. They do have a page that says there will be one Living Tal'Dorei group for DMs and a second one for players, but that page says coming soon.

There is a Twitter for Living Tal'Dorei, but they have not Tweeted yet.

(Given that they are going live in April, there wouldn't be any point in them having a Google+ page.)

Has anyone seen any more detail about this yet? Is anyone going to a Living Tal'Dorei event?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Re: Living Tal'Dorei: Organised play for Critical Role fans

Post by Yaztromo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:15 pm

Very nice initiative!
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Dread Delgath
Cloud Giant

Re: Living Tal'Dorei: Organised play for Critical Role fans

Post by Dread Delgath » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:20 pm

They've (Matthew Mercer) has just released 1.3 version of the Gunslinger fighter subclass on DM's GUild. It is PWYW. :cool:

I don't know if the Gunslinger is related to the TalDorai world, but I've also seen the Bloodhunter & Witch Hunter classes, as well as the Order of the Lycan (lycanthropy infection is the best way I know how to describe it) for the Blood Hunter class. I know the rest is related to the setting, and while intriguing, its not my cuppa. ;)

The Gunslinger, however, is very much to my liking. :cool:.

I've also seen a TalDorai setting PDF and it is 145 pages long. It is packed full of campaign goodness that I only wish I could have done for my own Dakan Mar setting, :shock: but am hampered by having to get and maintain mundane Real World employment. :?
A big THANKS! to Giant Space Hamster & Chimpman for the cookies! (Dark Side be damned!) :D

My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.

Return to “Other Worlds”