Conversion advice.

The next iteration of the Dungeons & Dragons game.
The Book-House: Find 5th Edition products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Re: Conversion advice.

Post by Boneguard » Sun May 26, 2019 11:47 pm

That's a fair point.

At the same time, they live in an environmental very long nights, so I can see so adaptation to night vision (like elves for example).
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Re: Conversion advice.

Post by Boneguard » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:20 pm

I still need to refine the background and culture of the Gzar, but I think the mechanical part is set with these revised stats that now bring it to a CR 5:

Neutral Evil Large Giant
Armour Class: 15 (Chain Shirt)
Hit Points: 95 (10D10+40)
Speed: 35 feet

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
19(+4) 12(+1) 19(+4) 10(+0) 12(+1) 12(+1)

Saving Throws: Constitution +7
Skills: Stealth +4, Survival +4
Resistance to damage: Fold
Vulnerability to Damage: Fire
Sense: Darkvison 60 feet, Perception (11)
Languages: Gzar
Challenge Rating: 5 (1,800 XP)

ABILITIES

Magic Resistance Gzar have an advantage to their Saving Throw against spells and other magical effect except those tied to Fire

Hard to Track Gzar have an advantage when using Stealth in snow and ice as a contest roll against someone attempting to track them. The gzar's Stealth check result becomes the DC for the tracker's Survival check to track them.

ACTIONS
Multiple attack The Giant attacks twice with his scimitar. If both attacks hit the same target this round, the target takes an additional 7 (2d6) slashing damage.

War Scimitar melee attack: +9 to hit, reach 10 feet, one target
Hit 16 (3d6+5) slashing damage

Frightning Appareance Any creatures other than a Gzar that is within 60’ of a Gzar must succeed a DC 13 (or DC 18 if performing his Death Chant) Wisdom Saving Throw or be frightened until the end of the gzar's next turn. A new Saving Throw must be done every turn.

Death Chant. The gzar can use a bonus action to vocalize a magical chant. Any creature other than a gzar, that can hear the chant and is within 30 feet of the chanting gzar, must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or be magically compelled to duel it for one minute, even if the gzar dies.

Now there is a "AP" synopsis that suggest introducing them when the party is at level 5-9. Where it stands now, and with theCR 5 triceratop, that's a pretty tough fight if the PC runs into many of them. Although I could maybe do a DC 3 or 4 Novice to use then and add a DC 6 or 7 Veteran or leader type for higher level. so a bit of flexibility there.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

Return to “D&D 5th Edition”