[TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by shesheyan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:01 pm

« Haldon, ready to go downstair and start looking for the missing girl ?» Erevan doesn't wait for an answer and walks towards the exit of the suite.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:48 pm

Auren follows.
Social Media

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:14 pm

Walking briskly Everan soon arrives in the common room. He spots Horvik and walks directly to him. « Sorry for the vestimentary interlude but it was necessary. »

Erevan is wearing laced high leather boots, a deep bleu robe that ends two inches bellow the knee, a belt and a dark gray hooded cape. He carries his staff in the right hand and wears, over the right shoulder, a leather satchel that contains his spellbook, components and a few trinkets.

« Did you learn something new while I was absent from the common room? I don't want to sound callous but this mystery is very exciting to me. The boat trip was boring. I'm happy to finally put my intellect to good use and help someone in need.»

torkill13
Hobgoblin

Post by torkill13 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:55 pm

RobJN wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:52 pm
"You'd think that little street rat was his daughter, the way he's taking the news," one of them grumbles to another as they file out the door.
"Your men don't seem all dat motivated about dis, Sarge." Horvik gulped down the rest of his ale. "Perhaps some competition will spark a fire in der boots? Dat's why my new friendshand I gonna go find Fiala." His words were beginning to slur, a clear sign that it was time to get moving again.
shesheyan wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:14 pm
« Did you learn something new while I was absent from the common room? I don't want to sound callous but this mystery is very exciting. The boat trip was boring. I'm happy to finally put my intellect to good use and help someone in need.»
Horvik looked over the slender elf. "Doze other clothes sheemed more practical to me, but don't matter." He laid his large hand on the elf's shoulder. "Sarge here was just getting hishmen back on the street and telling ush there are girlsh missing here and more in some place called Verge." He picked up his tankard and found it quite empty. He shrugged and tilted his head back to get the last drop of ale. Setting the mug back on the bar, he slapped the elf on the back. He laid some more coins on the bar, not realizing he had already paid when he ordered. "Come on. I can fill yousin on the way to the market."

mah9
Hobgoblin

Post by mah9 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:08 am

Haldon stands and walks downstairs after the two Elves. With a little time to spare, he catches his three companions as they are preparing to leave.
"Let's find this market then."

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:53 pm

Sergeant Arthol looks the group up and down.

"My men are stretched pretty thin," he says after a moment's thought. "And I certainly won't turn down the help. Now, my men have already been over the market square, but a second set of eyes -- especially some elven ones -- might turn up something they missed." He shrugs. "No coin out of my budget. Report any findings to my offices at the North Gate garrison by sundown."
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:17 pm

« We will give this market a second look, as you say. I need to eat a few fruits anyway. Please point us in the right direction Sergeant Arthol. Unless Aureen already knows all the secrets of this town?»

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:23 pm

I do not.
Social Media

Pathfinder 2E
Product Catalog

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:34 pm

"Can't miss it, along the square off the North Windrush Road, bounded by the Town Hall and Temple district."
Rob
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.

torkill13
Hobgoblin

Post by torkill13 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:53 pm

"Come on ya greenhorns. I'll know da way." Horivk heads toward the door.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:51 pm

Erevan follows Horivk.

mah9
Hobgoblin

Post by mah9 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:37 am

Haldon follows Erevan and Horvik.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:09 pm

The market has grown somewhat busier -- more of the stalls have filled, and with the late morning sun climbing higher, some of the wind's bite has been reduced. Talk amongst the various vendors is mostly of the poor conditions of the roads, and the lower yields of this year's harvests.

Where and what will your PCs be looking for?
Rob

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:01 pm

Any signs of where there might have been struggles. Might as well search the whole city, even if it takes a couple of days. Either that or Auren could disguise herself to look more like the girls that were taken and hope that she's taken as bait.
Social Media

Pathfinder 2E
Product Catalog

torkill13
Hobgoblin

Post by torkill13 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:30 pm

"It feels good to be outside," he said as they walked toward the market square. The walk got the blood flowing and the cold air against face helped dissipate the effects of his early morning drinking. As they got close to the market, he was feeling a bit more steady. "We should stop by the baker's and find out when that apprentice last saw Fiala. He might also know if anything strange has been happening with her lately. You know how young fools in love always share their ambitions and secrets."

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:42 pm

As they walk towards the market Erevan tries to see if anyone is following them. [Perception 13 +1 + 2 = 16]

Once at the market Erevan tries to see if anything out of the ordinary is going on at the back of the vendor's boots, behind the curtains. Taking side glances in between stalls. [Perception 12 +1 + 2 = 15]

He follows the group to the baker.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:56 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:01 pm
Any signs of where there might have been struggles. Might as well search the whole city, even if it takes a couple of days. Either that or Auren could disguise herself to look more like the girls that were taken and hope that she's taken as bait.
Auren does not see anything overtly indicative of a struggle -- sure, there are the double-prints of skittish mules or ponies, and smudged boot tracks indicating the carrying of a heavy load, but nothing entirely out of context with the transfer of merchandise from cart to stall...
torkill13 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:30 pm
"It feels good to be outside," he said as they walked toward the market square. The walk got the blood flowing and the cold air against face helped dissipate the effects of his early morning drinking. As they got close to the market, he was feeling a bit more steady. "We should stop by the baker's and find out when that apprentice last saw Fiala. He might also know if anything strange has been happening with her lately. You know how young fools in love always share their ambitions and secrets."
The baker's apprentice -- a lanky, sandy-haired lad who looks to've just grown out of the all-elbows-and-knees stage -- is still rather sullen. The only strangeness he's noticed is Fiala and the beggar girl -- "Jasna," he called her -- absences. He'd thought perhaps Fiala had been spending her time with the smith's son, but he hadn't seen her either.
Rob

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:40 pm

Wispering to the others « Be careful two scarlet-cloaked guardsmen are following us. »

While Horvik talks with the baker Everan says in a low voice :
« Aureen, follow me. I just saw something glittering and an impression of a small-ish hobnailed boot near a disused stall we just passed. Let's take a close look. »
And he starts walking towards the disused stall near a shadowy alley.

mah9
Hobgoblin

Post by mah9 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:45 am

Haldon walks slowly with the others, looking for anywhere there might be other hiding spaces or unusual attachments to buildings. He also keeps an eye out for any dwarven merchants or traders in the town, who may be more prepared to talk to him than the town guard.

torkill13
Hobgoblin

Post by torkill13 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:43 pm

shesheyan wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:40 pm
Wispering to the others « Be careful two scarlet-cloaked guardsmen are following us. »
Horvik looked around for the guards. When he spotted them, he gave a slight upward nod and smirked, then turned back to face the boy. He straightened his posture to emphasize his height. His eyes squinted and his brow furrowed as he leaned his imposing figure over the young apprentice. "I find it a bit queer that two girls you know are now missing. If I find out you had anything to do with this or that you are withholding any detail..." He leaned in even closer, the odor of stale beer wafting with each word "You'll regret it." He stood back up and relaxed his posture relaxed. He crossed his arms on his chest and continued in a normal tone. "Tell me about this Jasna. What does she look like? When was the last time you saw her? Does Fiala hang out with Jasna?"

Intimidation: [1d20+1] = 11+1 = 12

mah9
Hobgoblin

Post by mah9 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:38 pm

Haldon leaves the group to find the local shrine to Kagyar. Whilst there he prays for guidance and asks any of the faithful that attend of any strange occurrences in Threshold, especially about the missing girls.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:51 am

torkill13 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:43 pm
shesheyan wrote:
Horvik looked around for the guards. When he spotted them, he gave a slight upward nod and smirked, then turned back to face the boy. He straightened his posture to emphasize his height. His eyes squinted and his brow furrowed as he leaned his imposing figure over the young apprentice. "I find it a bit queer that two girls you know are now missing. If I find out you had anything to do with this or that you are withholding any detail..." He leaned in even closer, the odor of stale beer wafting with each word "You'll regret it." He stood back up and relaxed his posture relaxed. He crossed his arms on his chest and continued in a normal tone. "Tell me about this Jasna. What does she look like? When was the last time you saw her? Does Fiala hang out with Jasna?"

Intimidation: [1d20+1] = 11+1 = 12
The guards' pace slows, and they lean towards each other. After a brief exchange, one nods, turns, and strides away in a swirl of scarlet.

The baker's boy frowns, chewing at a heel of bread. "Look, I know lots of girls." He shrugs, grinning around a mouthful of bread. "What can I say? I like 'em fair haired. Don't know that those two knew each other.

"Oh, Jas is a wee thing -- but don't go bringing that to her attention. Got a mean kick, her." He holds a hand at about his shoulder height. "Like I said, got that Antalian coloring to her: fair hair, icy blue eyes. Don't miss anything, those. Saw her.. oh, a couple days ago, I suppose." He frowns. "Haven't seen her since. I guess she didn't like the little surprise I hid in with her day-olds."
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:00 am

shesheyan wrote:

While Horvik talks with the baker Everan says in a low voice :
« Aureen, follow me. I just saw something glittering and an impression of a small-ish hobnailed boot near a disused stall we just passed. Let's take a close look. »
And he starts walking towards the disused stall near a shadowy alley.
The two elves retrace their steps, but stop just short of re-entering the stall, having heard a low, gurgling murmur from beneath the sagging cloth awning, and a scuff of boot-leathers on stone.

"-- izzit, where iz its? Master says to finds it, mustn't lose its..."
The whispery, gravelly voice speaks goblinnish.
Rob

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:42 pm

Erevan advances caustiouly toward the cloth holding his staff high and says in an authoritative voice « Who are you? Reveal yourself immediately or I will turn you into a frog! »

[Erevan speaks Goblin. Persuasion : 10 +1 = 11]

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:58 pm

At Erevan's outburst, the sounds of shuffling and muttering go silent.
Rob

Return to “The Crystal Globe”