[Threshold] Call for Contributors and more!

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Gawain_VIII, Havard, Cthulhudrew

warriorneedsfood
Hobgoblin

Re: [Threshold] Call for Contributors and more!

Post by warriorneedsfood » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Robin wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:27 pm

I like the art, truly, and it still resembles a T-rex. :mrgreen:
I did not know Ka was that masochistic to add all those piercings though :o :roll: ;) ...(I still like the image though :D )
Ka is incredibly, indescribably and fantastically old. If evolution is a thing at all in Mystara it makes him older than continents. But he hasn't ascended to the higher planes and joined the Old Ones. Why? Because as powerful and intelligent as he is, he is also primordial and primitive. His existence developed to a point and stopped, like approaching a logarithmic limit or ceiling he cannot grow past. That is why he takes things and keeps them in a giant menagerie. (Hollow World) He is stuck in time and wants everything around him to be still, stable, and constant. Standing in the presence of Ka would slow your mind. Ka makes you accept the things you would otherwise want to change. Your soul would start to rest and no longer desire. Everything would start to be just as it should be. Ka has no functional arms and wears no clothes. The raiments of his Throne as the Eldest of the Gods (the word God and Immortal are interchangeable) are bound to his form, and how you perceive that is between you and Ka. Ka is not a masochist, he is Ka. Where you see piercings, I see him wearing his true names, his Rank in the Hierarchy, and his powerful magics. You are the one that sees the piercings. All I drew was Ka.

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Robin wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:25 pm
stanles wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:34 am
Robin wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:22 pm
What when proofreading is done to my work, is first checking if any of the suggestions or questions are answered. First then react to these and then start resolving what remains (or rejecting If I am not content with a suggestion.

I noticed lately, some proofreaders/editors worked on my work, ...no problem...yet I am not receiving a mail with the changes/suggestion done.
I don't know if this is due Google docs or the editors, yet I am afraid if I have this issue, others might too.

When I proofread, I read the text, then make suggestions based on linguistics (as far as I know/feel), D&D related info, or otherwise as I go. When I return I first check the responses on my suggestions.
And I hope they receive my suggestions.
That could be the source of a great deal of the problems. Has anybody else noticed this - or does anybody have notifications actually being sent?
In my case about half the suggestions I do not get a notification email of. I have to discover these myself. The other Half I do get these mails. Often these are suggestions with text/questions added, not mere suggestions in the text which seem to be the brunt of not send by mail
Robin, that is a concern - as these are the things which it are usually most crucial to get feedback from the authors for.
Visit the Vaults of Pandius http://pandius.com, the official website for the Dungeons and Dragons setting of Mystara.

Submissions to the Vaults can be made directly to webmaster@pandius.com

Robin
Storm Giant

Post by Robin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:26 am

warriorneedsfood wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:53 pm
Robin wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:27 pm

I like the art, truly, and it still resembles a T-rex. :mrgreen:
I did not know Ka was that masochistic to add all those piercings though :o :roll: ;) ...(I still like the image though :D )
Ka is incredibly, indescribably and fantastically old. If evolution is a thing at all in Mystara it makes him older than continents. But he hasn't ascended to the higher planes and joined the Old Ones. Why? Because as powerful and intelligent as he is, he is also primordial and primitive. His existence developed to a point and stopped, like approaching a logarithmic limit or ceiling he cannot grow past. That is why he takes things and keeps them in a giant menagerie. (Hollow World) He is stuck in time and wants everything around him to be still, stable, and constant. Standing in the presence of Ka would slow your mind. Ka makes you accept the things you would otherwise want to change. Your soul would start to rest and no longer desire. Everything would start to be just as it should be. Ka has no functional arms and wears no clothes. The raiments of his Throne as the Eldest of the Gods (the word God and Immortal are interchangeable) are bound to his form, and how you perceive that is between you and Ka. Ka is not a masochist, he is Ka. Where you see piercings, I see him wearing his true names, his Rank in the Hierarchy, and his powerful magics. You are the one that sees the piercings. All I drew was Ka.
WOW Awesome description. totally sold, I liked the art already, though with a question mark, yet cool very cool
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/

Robin
Storm Giant

Post by Robin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:33 am

stanles wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:56 pm
Robin wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:25 pm
stanles wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:34 am
Robin wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:22 pm
What when proofreading is done to my work, is first checking if any of the suggestions or questions are answered. First then react to these and then start resolving what remains (or rejecting If I am not content with a suggestion.

I noticed lately, some proofreaders/editors worked on my work, ...no problem...yet I am not receiving a mail with the changes/suggestion done.
I don't know if this is due Google docs or the editors, yet I am afraid if I have this issue, others might too.

When I proofread, I read the text, then make suggestions based on linguistics (as far as I know/feel), D&D related info, or otherwise as I go. When I return I first check the responses on my suggestions.
And I hope they receive my suggestions.
That could be the source of a great deal of the problems. Has anybody else noticed this - or does anybody have notifications actually being sent?
In my case about half the suggestions I do not get a notification email of. I have to discover these myself. The other Half I do get these mails. Often these are suggestions with text/questions added, not mere suggestions in the text which seem to be the brunt of not send by mail
Robin, that is a concern - as these are the things which it are usually most crucial to get feedback from the authors for.
I agree. I felt frustrated sometimes (between RL issues and trying to maintain some control over my work) when I noticed a multitude of suggestions i was unaware off. Though often online due my ongoing mapping, these were easily resolved, yet only those wth an added text I did receive. I do not know how others have received this when I , Allen, You or other did proofreading. If they did encounter this similarly. It seems to be a google feature flaw according my Diginerd I asked today. His solution was; as proofreader always send at least one text to alarm the author to check the suggestions. SO we could add a standard text to a suggestion each time we added several suggestions as proofreader, as to alarm the Author to check the suggestions done, and answer/resolve questions.
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Post by Sturm » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 am

Indeed some additional mails to alert authors about open comments could be easily sent, I'll remember this for the future..
Editor of Threshold, the Mystara Magazine: http://pandius.com/thrs_mag.html

Robin
Storm Giant

Post by Robin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Even as Proofreaders we could do so by just adding a suggestion text to the title and suggest viewing/resolving comments. As far I have noticed these text suggestions do arrive .
And when we do so each time we finish a section of Proofreading, I think the authors would become aware of our work and are more eager to react.
Maybe add an extra mail to each author when submitting how to resolve, react upon suggestions, as some might be unknown how to do so in Gdocs.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:29 am

Regarding Ka: excellent art! I think the comment is also worth including with the art itself :-)

Regarding suggestions: I think for proofreading suggestions it is a good idea to add a single comment to state one has finished the proofreading, and possibly additional comments when there is a need of more direct intervention (e.g., the meaning of a sentence is unclear).

GP

Robin
Storm Giant

Post by Robin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:15 am

agathokles wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:29 am
Regarding Ka: excellent art! I think the comment is also worth including with the art itself :-)

Regarding suggestions: I think for proofreading suggestions it is a good idea to add a single comment to state one has finished the proofreading, and possibly additional comments when there is a need of more direct intervention (e.g., the meaning of a sentence is unclear).

GP
Totally agree ;)

That was what I meant indeed.

Return to “Mystara”