Will Mystara Fans like Joe Manganiello's Krull the Tortle from Upcoming Baldur's Gate Adventure?

Discuss Mystara's Savage Coast / Red Steel setting here.
The Book-House: Find Savage Coast products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Havard, agathokles

stanles
Hill Giant

Re: Will Mystara Fans like Joe Manganiello's Krull the Tortle from Upcoming Baldur's Gate Adventure?

Post by stanles » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:51 am

I do like, from the picture, the idea of carving runes into the shell. This may be an option available to tortles like tattooing and might be suggestive of a circle / prestige class / class / etc like the Jennite Tattooist or the Totemic Demonslayer from the Savage Tide Adventure Path.
Visit the Vaults of Pandius http://pandius.com, the official website for the Dungeons and Dragons setting of Mystara.

Submissions to the Vaults can be made directly to webmaster@pandius.com

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Re: Will Mystara Fans like Joe Manganiello's Krull the Tortle from Upcoming Baldur's Gate Adventure?

Post by Cthulhudrew » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:53 am

To your point, Shawn, Matt Mercer's tortle from Critical Role (Orly Skiffback, mentioned in another thread), does just that sort of thing- create magical tattoos. I don't think he tattoos them on his shell, rather on his arms, but I don't see any particular reason why a tortle couldn't do so (aside from just being able to reach, if it is your own shell.)
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Cthulhudrew wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:53 am
To your point, Shawn, Matt Mercer's tortle from Critical Role (Orly Skiffback, mentioned in another thread), does just that sort of thing- create magical tattoos. I don't think he tattoos them on his shell, rather on his arms, but I don't see any particular reason why a tortle couldn't do so (aside from just being able to reach, if it is your own shell.)
Yeah, you would need some help with that - a manic cult seems likely.
Visit the Vaults of Pandius http://pandius.com, the official website for the Dungeons and Dragons setting of Mystara.

Submissions to the Vaults can be made directly to webmaster@pandius.com

Return to “Savage Coast”