- Gurrash - This is the Savage Coast variety
- Broadgrin - A variety found in the Barrier Swamp during the Blackmoor Era.
- Common - found in Karameikos and possibly elsewhere.
- Cayma - This is the Savage Coast variety
- Common - As detailed in BECMI
- Desert (gaz2)
- Shazak - This is the Savage Coast variety
- Malpheggi (HW) - This is the Hollow World variety
- Albino -more on these here.
- Newt (Knight of Newts) - found in Thunder Rift. Perhaps more closely related to Frogfolk?
- Krolli (SCA) - found on the Immortal's Arm - related to Dinosaurs?
- Chameleon Men - perhaps better categorized as Dragonkin in their post VotPa version?
- Sis’thik - Found in desert regions. Known to ride Xytars.
- Lamara - Serpent-like. Related to Hissing Fiends?
- Pterafolk - These were listed in the Isle of Dread Reincarnated book, by Goodman Games.
- Known World - Lizardmen have a long history in the Known World and were more prominent in the past, but still exist here even if they can no longer claim a large civilization of their own. Ierendi, the Malpheggi Swamps and the Blight Swamp in Karameikos are some of the main homelands of Lizardfolk. Desert varieties can be found in Ylaruam and elsewhere.
- Savage Coast - Gurrash, Cayma, Shazak and Chameleon Men have their own Kingdoms on the Savage Coast. Krolli are found on the
- Davania - The Lowlands of Amalur are home to Trogolodytes and other Lizardkin.
- Hollow World - The Malpheggi is home to the greatest Lizardman civilization on Mystara.
- Thunder Rift - this region has large swamplands that are home to Lizardmen and
These races can be used as mounts or pets by Lizardfolk:
- Lava Lizard (AC9)
- Horned Chameleon
- Rockhome Lizard (Gaz 6)
- Giant Footpad Lizard (AC9)
- Xytar (AC9) - fire breathing lizards who are the favorite mounts of the Sis'thiks
Bruce Heard introduced the concept of Bloodlines for Rakasta and Lupins. I could see bloodlines based on the Great Lizard monsters listed above for Lizardmen? Draconic or Dragonkin bloodlines might also be created? Flame and Frost Salamander Bloodlines also seem appropriate.
- Ka the Preserver
The following sourcebooks add to the lore of Lizardfolk.
- Hollow World Boxed Set
- Knight of Newts
- Den of Dragons offers lots of lore on Lizardmen culture
- Red Steel Boxed Set
- Savage Coast Monstrous Manual
- AC2 Treasure of the Hideous One - Introduces the Caymen race.
- Dragon #315 Sundering Ka: describes the Defilers of Ka and the Ka-tainted template. Also contains synopsis on the creation of Hollow World.
- Dragon #318 Children of Ka: The Dagger of the Dinosaur Sage. A look at the Malpheggi lizardfolk and the children of Ka.
Also, see this excellent thread by JTrithen on this subject from 2016