Maztica Alive Product List

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Seethyr
Couatl

Maztica Alive Product List

Post by Seethyr » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 am

Thanks to some suggestions from friends, I thought it a good idea to compile all of the Maztica Alive products here in one spot, and update this first post as new ones come up. I am also going to reserve a second post to highlight upcoming products without causing confusion. That second post will always be tentative and is more of a "brainstorm," but I have found myself actually following through in recent years, so I am not as afraid to do so anymore.

There are really three tiers to these products. The topmost is all recent products that have been written, honestly, since I learned to use Homebrewery and GmBinder. They are edited many times over and generally higher in consistency and quality. The second tier will hopefully all be updated at some point.

The third tier is from way back before DMsGuild and the 5th (or 4th) edition even existed and frankly, I am embarrassed by some of it. For completion's sake, I will include links to them here. Note that since they aren't 5th Ed, they aren't on DMsGuild.

Each book also will have a sentence (or two tops, if I don't limit myself I will ramble) description beyond its name so you don't have to click the link to see if it's something you want to pick up.

Recent Products:

MZC1 The Maztican Campaign Guide A full Maztican (Aztec/Maya in the Forgotten Realms) campaign including everything from lore to character options to magic and more. Also includes the earlier version which now has more than 5,000 downloads.

MZS1 Monsters of Maztica This book consolidates, updates and adds to TW6 and TWC7 below. It also removes creatures that will appear in future Lopango products or the future update of the Scorpionfolk product. A lot has been reworked and rebalanced, along with additional art and new monsters. Every creature has an artistic representation.

MZA1 Creature Features in the Jungle. This book contains three small adventures for characters from 6th-8th level that take major inspiration from movies that have a jungle and Mesoamerican theme. These movies include The Ruins, The Relic and Alien vs Predator.

MZA2 The Curse of Zarzumotl An adventure originally written by Steven St. John of Dragonsfoot updated to 5e. Concerns a hidden city lost in the deserts of Maztica and its Lovecraftian ruler.

MZA3 Blood Offering Inspired by the book "The Obsidian Butterfly" by Laurell K. Hamilton and the movie Dusk 'til Dawn, this adventure hopes to stop a vampiric incursion into the True World.

ANC1 The Anchorome Campaign Guide Similar to the Maztican Campaign Guide in every way, but for the more northerly continent of Anchorome in the Forgotten Realms. This setting has high fantasy mixed with indigenous American myth used for inspiration.

ANS1 The Land of the Insect Men As the title suggest, there is an entire nation of insectoid folk that was briefly mentioned in the 2nd Edition product FMQ1 City of Gold by John Nephew and Jonathan Tweet.

ANS2 Monsters of Anchorome A bestiary for the creatures of Anchorome which could be used easily without the setting. Each monster is based off of indigenous American lore and each creature is illustrated.

ANA1 Dark Skies in Anchorome Inspired by the 1st edition adventure UK7 Dark Clouds Gather, this adventure heralds the return of the ba'atun and features a flying rookery of the aarakocra.

ANA2 Fires of Fort Flame The second Anchorome adventure piggybacks on Descent into Avernus and details a lengthy "side trek" into the Spirit Realm portion of Avernus where Zariel has hatched a secondary plot. Also features a Baldur's Gate - like write up of Fort Flame in Anchorome.

ANM1 The Bee Tribe of Anchorome Originally meant to herald the arrival of ANS1, this book describes a single tribe of creatures with bee-like features. Like every book in the ANM series, it is only the size of a typical article.

ANM2 Kci Athussos, the Great Snail Dragon A singular monster with fabulous artwork that was meant to be a teaser for ANS2

ANM3 The Orca Folk The first Anchorome Campaign book produced by Nathan Wormer! The Darfellan of 3.5e are updated here along with their lost kingdom of Akilu and the threats that now inhabit it.

ANM4 The Ecology of the Odopi In the style of the old "Ecology of..." articles from dragon magazine, this article brings back the many armed, many eyed horrors of Gehenna known as the Odopi and gives a short little adventure featuring them in the turquoise mines of Anchorome.

ANM5 The Herd of Epona The great spirit/goddess Epona calls together a great herd of horses from all over the multiverse once every 44 years in Anchorome. This book describes the creatures that attend, what happens should they crossbreed and perhaps allows for enterprising PCs to pick up a fantastic mount of their own.

Early 5th Edition Books

Note that most of these books will be rewritten and/or combined into other products. I will list them here as the series they are part of.

MPG0 The Great Pyramid and MPG1 Xibalba These books were an attempt to describe the Maztican afterlife one plane at a time. They are scheduled to be expanded and rewritten so as to put them more in line with the Great Wheel cosmology.

TWR1 The Sea Demon's Pearl, TWR2 The Maztican Ball Game, TWR3 The Door of Stars and TWR4 Zatal - The Mountain of Fire This is a series of interconnected adventures whose conclusion has rather major repercussions for the True World of Maztica.

TWC2 Lopango - Land of the Sacred Sun A supplement meant to give the southern continent of Lopango (Inca based) somewhat of the same treatment given to Maztica and Anchorome. Definitely high up on the list as a major undertaking for an update and expansion!

TWC3 Claw and Sting A guide to the underdark kingdoms of scorpionfolk that permeate the land beneath Maztica.

TWC6 True World Bestiary Monsters A-H and TWC7 True World Bestiary Monsters I-Z A book of monsters from Maztica, Lopango and the underdark of both lands.

TWM1 Diamond Eyes A short story about Qotal and the biggest sin he ever committed. This story was formed right here in the Piazza forums! Also contains an item or two and a location decription.

TWM7 Wyrms of the True World - Acalanahuatzi In the style of Ed Greenwood's old "Wyrms of the North" articles in Dragon Magazine, this book describes a two headed tlalocoatl rain dragon who has a serious problem with some internal conflict.

TWM4 The Penguinfolk One of the most difficult things to do was to get people to take the dowhar seriously. Would adamantine sheened claws and ancient batrachi artifacts do the trick? Probably not...

TWA1 The Ruins and TWA6 The Relic Two Maztican adventures among the Green Folk based on Hollywood movies of the same names.

TWM3 The Grand History of the True World, TWM8 Weaving Pluma and Shaping Hishna and TWM2 Fangs and Feathers A historical accounting, a spell book and a book of magic items respectively. Each has been included in the newest update of the Maztican Campaign Guide.

3rd Edition Books

Monsters of the True World - Maztica and Lopango An early version of the monster books written for 3e.

Lopango - Land of the Sacred Sun An early version of TWC2

Claw and Sting - Scorpionfolk of the True World An early 3e version of TWC3

Itla Tlayohua - Something Dark A compilation or magazine of Maztica based articles for 3e

The Great Skyhome An attempt to connect Spelljammer and Maztica in 3e.
Last edited by Seethyr on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Follow the Maztica (Aztez/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Seethyr
Couatl

Re: Maztica Alive Product List

Post by Seethyr » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 am

So, I struggled with the name, but I’ve put together a number of side treks I’ve written for Maztica that were all based on movies.

There is an adventure based on “the Ruins” from 2005, “the Relic” (a really short one) and now I’m working updating and redoing a really old concept I never fully fleshed out where I have anasjiin and yagrel duke it out as the PCs get caught in the middle. Yes, this will be as Alien vs Predator as you can get. :lol:

Anyway, I got a map of a really cool puzzle/rotating fortress that I can style like AvP’s temple. Time to flesh it out.

I’m also working with CptMorgan trying to flesh out the Spirit Realm which got introduced in the 3e Manual of the Planes and then we haven’t heard anything about it since.

Edit: The adventure is now completed and included in the OP
Last edited by Seethyr on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow the Maztica (Aztez/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Seethyr
Couatl

Post by Seethyr » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:20 pm

Next up, I am redoing the two monster books above (TWC6 and TWC7) in order to tidy up the stats (I found numerous errors and inconsistencies due to a lack of experience), add in classic Maztican monsters (the chac, ahuizotl, tlalocoatl, bacar, jagre, etc), add some new creatures (Viperhand orcs, trolls, ogres, the hakuna, Itzamti, etc.) and remove creatures that belong in other, future products such as Lopango specific creatures.

It will of course be a free pdf and I plan on referencing this book in all future adventures.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Seethyr
Couatl

Post by Seethyr » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Note that TWA3 has just been updated to the newer format with a ton of error and balance corrections. I am editing the original post to reflect this. It's new tag is MZA3, but the older version is still available.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Seethyr
Couatl

Post by Seethyr » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:13 pm

A few more additions!

TWC2 The Curse of Zarzumotl has now been updated to MZA2 The Curse of Zarzumotl! That adventure was one of my first attempts at putting together such an extensive adventure, and it had quite a few errors (particularly in balance). It's now updated and ready to go in the OP.

Also TWC6 and TWC7 (the two bestiaries) have been consolidated and updated in MZS1 Monsters of Maztica. These two have had a ton of error fixes as well, along with the addition of a ton of new art and a few more creatures. There are 50 in the book!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Return to “The Wishing Well”