Is anyone still actively working on this project?

A Complete 4E conversion of all things Mystara.

Moderator: Havard

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Is anyone still actively working on this project?

Post by Tim Baker »

I somehow managed to overlook this sub-forum over the last four years! I thought I'd check in to see if anyone is still working on the 4E conversion for Mystara.

Is there a single spot where I can find all of the conversions that have been done? Even better, a single PDF?

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Is anyone still actively working on this project?

Post by Big Mac »

Tim Baker wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:33 am
I somehow managed to overlook this sub-forum over the last four years! I thought I'd check in to see if anyone is still working on the 4E conversion for Mystara.
The last post was in 2015, so it looks like the main people pushing for this project have wandered off since they put in the request for a bespoke project subforum.

Having said that, they seem to have got a lot more done than I have (with my Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project).

If there were some 4th Edition Mystara fans that wanted to pick this up, I don't think it would be too hard for them to make an assessment into what is done or not done and come up with a plan to move forwards.

I'm not a 4e fan myself, but if anyone wants to take ownership of this project, I'd be happy to help them get the word out.
Tim Baker wrote:
Is there a single spot where I can find all of the conversions that have been done? Even better, a single PDF?
Vaults of Pandius is the official Mystara fansite. But that status was given during the 3rd Edition Era. So I'm not sure if Stanleys has set up a Mystara 4e area on his website. And I don't know if the people running this project were sending documents to him.

VoP has a page on Facebook, so you could ping that with a PM and see if the people who requested this project forum ever set up any sort of formal arrangement with VoP.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

stanles
Stone Giant

Post by stanles »

Big Mac wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:43 pm
Tim Baker wrote:
The last post was in 2015, so it looks like the main people pushing for this project have wandered off since they put in the request for a bespoke project subforum.

Having said that, they seem to have got a lot more done than I have (with my Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project).

If there were some 4th Edition Mystara fans that wanted to pick this up, I don't think it would be too hard for them to make an assessment into what is done or not done and come up with a plan to move forwards.

I'm not a 4e fan myself, but if anyone wants to take ownership of this project, I'd be happy to help them get the word out.
Tim Baker wrote:
Vaults of Pandius is the official Mystara fansite. But that status was given during the 3rd Edition Era. So I'm not sure if Stanleys has set up a Mystara 4e area on his website. And I don't know if the people running this project were sending documents to him.

VoP has a page on Facebook, so you could ping that with a PM and see if the people who requested this project forum ever set up any sort of formal arrangement with VoP.
There is an M4E page on the Vaults however it is really just a collection of the material posted here. I'm not aware that there was a concerted effort to compile everything into a single whole.
Visit the Vaults of Pandius http://pandius.com, the official website for the Dungeons and Dragons setting of Mystara.

Submissions to the Vaults can be made directly to webmaster@pandius.com

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

stanles wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:35 pm
I'm not aware that there was a concerted effort to compile everything into a single whole.
That was kind of the argument that people made when requesting a project forum, on The Piazza (as opposed to just throwing "[4th Edition]" tagged topics in the main Mystara forum and leaving them there).

There might be any number of topics about converting Mystara to Pathfinder, C&C, 13th Age or something else, but I wouldn't expect them to be moved to a project forum unless there were several people wanting to collaborate together. :)

Maybe the original people have moved on.

We still have people writing in the 4th Edition forum, though. Maybe some new people will be interested in taking over.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Mystara 4E Conversion Project”