Blood Clans of Jorikk Sourcebook (2015) - Is this official Kalamar?

Feel the grit between your teeth, taste the blood in your mouth and smell the laurels of success.

Moderator: night_druid

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Blood Clans of Jorikk Sourcebook (2015) - Is this official Kalamar?

Post by Havard »

Bloood Clans of Jorikk Official Website (Hosted at KenzerCo)

Blood Clans of Jorikk Products

As with .... Blood Clans of Jorikk is offered as one PDF per chapter instead of a collected sourcebook. These carry the Hackmaster Logo, but not the Kalamar logo, so I wasn't sure if this was a Kalamar product before I saw this:
While integrally part of the greater world of Tellene, the remote expansiveness of the Lake Jorakk Wilderness makes it possible to run a purely Nordic story, where characters need never cross paths with the mundanity of a more tame and "civilized" world.
Some of the intro pages to each chapter PDF carry some public domain art which made it look a bit like a fan made thing, but it is being sold at the KenzerCo website. OTOH, it does sound like a fascinating subsetting for Tellene.

Does anyone know if this is worth getting for a Kalamar fan? :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Angelika Tatsu
Goblin Matriarch

Re: Blood Clans of Jorikk Sourcebook (2015) - Is this official Kalamar?

Post by Angelika Tatsu »

Yes, it is official Kalamar. Since Kenzerco is the company that owns the rights to Kalamar and this is hosted on their website it is official.
Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that's when you're most beautiful.
- Zoe Kravitz

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Havard wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 pm
Bloood Clans of Jorikk Official Website (Hosted at KenzerCo)

Blood Clans of Jorikk Products

As with .... Blood Clans of Jorikk is offered as one PDF per chapter instead of a collected sourcebook. These carry the Hackmaster Logo, but not the Kalamar logo, so I wasn't sure if this was a Kalamar product before I saw this:
While integrally part of the greater world of Tellene, the remote expansiveness of the Lake Jorakk Wilderness makes it possible to run a purely Nordic story, where characters need never cross paths with the mundanity of a more tame and "civilized" world.
Some of the intro pages to each chapter PDF carry some public domain art which made it look a bit like a fan made thing, but it is being sold at the KenzerCo website. OTOH, it does sound like a fascinating subsetting for Tellene.
I wrote about the Blood Clans of Jorikk setting, back in 2014. I think that might have been when it was first coming out.

Did you download Blood Clans of Jorikk: On Wild Lands and Wild Folk? That's a free 32 page introduction to the campaign setting. That tells you a fair amount about the setting.

You can also find out a bit more at the Facebook page (which I linked to in the other topic).
Havard wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 pm
Does anyone know if this is worth getting for a Kalamar fan? :)
If you like Tellene...and you like Nordic stuff...then this would be totally worth having.

But the two areas seem to be apart from each other. I think you would need some sort of bridging mechanism (like the backstory of The Thirteenth Warrior) to explain how other characters got to the lands around Lake Jorikk. A sailing culture would probably be the best explanation for a crossover adventure.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Greymarch2000
Bugbear

Post by Greymarch2000 »

Do we know if any more Blood Clans is ever coming out?
Jay Rutley
Torg Infiniverse Exchange Author
The Storm Knights' Guide to Monster Hunters, The Storm Knights' Guide to Dragon Warriors, The Storm Knights' Guide to Realm Runners
Operation: Grim Harvest - A one Act adventure set in Core Earth featuring Stormbreak
Cosm Card Boosters: Aysle, Core Earth, Cyberpapacy, Living Land, Nile Empire, Pan Pacifica, Tharkold & Akasha

Return to “Kingdoms of Kalamar”