Building a Freebooter (Pathfinder)

Classic fantasy, swashbuckling pirates, and Lovecraftian horror. Welcome to the City of Adventure! Hamunaptra, Naranjan and other World of Freeport subsettings can be discussed here.
thedarkelf007
Gnoll

Building a Freebooter (Pathfinder)

Post by thedarkelf007 »

Hi guys,

Here is the building of a character using the freebooter class from the Freeport book.

Freebooter (Pirate)

I hope you enjoy.
- thedarkelf007

found at www.thedarkelf007.com
my blog is at thedarkelf007.home.blog
my YouTube Channel

I have been running games, and Mystara for over 30 years now.
Currently doing a 5E conversion project focusing on the Spheres to make the setting more unique
Also working on a PF2 project to merge all 80ish Varisia modules into a single Adventure Path

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Building a Freebooter (Pathfinder)

Post by Big Mac »

Keeping the number of supplements down sounds sensible. I saw someone, somewhere, who was talking about "core rules" + "special guest book". I thought that was an interesting way to restrict the game down and make everyone use rules that were designed to be used together.

So I guess the bio of the PC wouldn't really change from before they were reincarnated.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Building a Freebooter (Pathfinder)

Post by Tim Baker »

Big Mac wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:04 pm
Keeping the number of supplements down sounds sensible. I saw someone, somewhere, who was talking about "core rules" + "special guest book". I thought that was an interesting way to restrict the game down and make everyone use rules that were designed to be used together.
I hadn't heard of that approach until D&D 5e started releasing supplements. It's a good idea. I'm a little surprised I'd never heard of it prior to around 2015. I think it appeals to a certain type of player/GM, though. Some people truly get the most fun out of mixing and matching to make precisely the PC they've envision in their mind's eye. Others want to eek every mechanical benefit they can (which is likely the group the rule is intended to curtail, but it can still cut into their fun).

Return to “Freeport”