[GURPS] CthulhuPunk Experiences?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Bugbear

[GURPS] CthulhuPunk Experiences?

Post by 1970 »

I've recently been interested in Cyberworld/CthulhuPunk as an alternative to CyberPunk 2020. I've never played GURPS before, but am overexperienced with CP2020. Since I got into GURPS recently (well, last year) because I found a good price on CthulhuPunk and found I liked it better than the Dark Time setting from Interface Magazine 2.2 (an independent magazine for CP2020) I've been itching to play. Does anyone here have any experience or stories about the game or how to go about running it?
Formless Faceless and Free

thorr-kan
Troll

Re: [GURPS] CthulhuPunk Experiences?

Post by thorr-kan »

Is it the first or second printing of CthulhuPunk? I think they're the same, except for errata: http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/CthulhuPunk/

It's for GURPS 3E, not the current 4E. It's an awesome read, and builds on GURP Cyberworld and GURPS Cyberpunk. So those might be necessary.

Bugbear

Post by 1970 »

Oops. I should have specified that I was using the Third Edition rules. I'm pretty sure I'm using the second printing of CthulhuPunk; the one with the Christopher Shy cover. I've been going back and forth between it and Cyberworld to get a feel for the background I want to use. I've got GURPS Cyberpunk as well, I just haven't given it much thought as of yet. Thanks for your reply!

thorr-kan
Troll

Post by thorr-kan »

1970 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:12 pm
Oops. I should have specified that I was using the Third Edition rules. I'm pretty sure I'm using the second printing of CthulhuPunk; the one with the Christopher Shy cover. I've been going back and forth between it and Cyberworld to get a feel for the background I want to use. I've got GURPS Cyberpunk as well, I just haven't given it much thought as of yet. Thanks for your reply!
That's the second printing, shown on the website. First printing has a completely different cover by Albert Slark. I actually like that one better, but I'm not the SJGames Art Director. :)

Bugbear

Post by 1970 »

See, I've loved Shy's artwork since I first saw it in Montreal by Night for Vampire the Masquerade. I've seen the other cover, and it definitely captures the game better, but I can't help but to prefer the one I've got. :geek:

thorr-kan
Troll

Post by thorr-kan »

I should also put in a plug for the SJGames forums. Their GURPS forum might be the best to ask.

Bugbear

Post by 1970 »

thorr-kan wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:39 am
I should also put in a plug for the SJGames forums. Their GURPS forum might be the best to ask.
Thanks! I've looked there before, but maybe I'll lurk around again to scope out the scene.

Return to “Call of Cthulhu”