Torg Eternity Online

"The storm has a name..." Discuss both TORG and TORG Eternity here.
Sir Alain Fisk
Troll

Re: Torg Eternity Online

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

I just have my Players keep track of Possibilities, when they expend one, on their Character sheet, since they have to, anyway. I also made it so they can put a Token Marker that looks like the old yin-yang Possibility from O-Torg and that they can enter a number on. The one's sort of a nuisance, but it can be useful.
When I was running Torg Eternity for my family in 2018, my youngest Son (18, then) had a Nile Empire Weird Scientist with a robot nicknamed Stompy. At the end of the last adventure we played before my Wife and I moved to Texas, he asked,

“Hey Dad, can Stompy have Stealth?” This is a 450-pound robot being made into a Weird Science helper, made almost of solid steel, and he wanted to add Stealth… we died the table-round at the prospect.

Greymarch2000
Gnoll

Post by Greymarch2000 »

Yeah I made chips for players to use and in the end it was too much of a hassle so they just used the ones on the character sheet. I still use the tokens for enemies however.
Jay Rutley
Torg Infiniverse Exchange Author
The Storm Knights' Guide to Monster Hunters, The Storm Knights' Guide to Dragon Warriors, The Storm Knights' Guide to Realm Runners
Operation: Grim Harvest - A one Act adventure set in Core Earth featuring Stormbreak
Cosm Card Boosters: Aysle, Core Earth, Cyberpapacy, Living Land, Nile Empire, Pan Pacifica, Tharkold & Akasha

MicaG
Orc

Post by MicaG »

Just discovered that if the minions all have the same name it doesn't tie-in the rolltracker correctly, e.g. I had 10 gospog with V:Up conflict line. It either lost last roll (blank) or had a value corresponding to the wrong gospog.

This is an odd one because mouse-over on the turn tracker yellow-box's the correct gospog but then selecting that gospog and generating an attack followed by an up, takes the last roll from another gospog.

It was resolved by renaming each gospg token (just adding a number after each name. Currently I don't have the pro subscription which means I can't use API to cookie cutter them and give them unique names. Not a biggy in the grand scheme of things.

The combat however was a lot smoother due to dragging the claw and damage to the macro box and shrinking the journal - cheers guys.

Sir Alain Fisk
Troll

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

Each enemy combatant MUST have their own Character Sheet (open the Edit window for a basic sheet, if you have one saved, then go to the Duplicate button to the left of the red Delete button, duplicate as many as you need, change the name in the Edit window, such as ST 1, ST 2, ST 3, etc. for my Nile Shocktroops, or whatever you're using). Each Token MUST be named for one of those sheets, to match it. Once you've done that, if you want to use the Character sheet the way it's SUPPOSED to be used, you'll select the proper name for the token, select shock, wound, and possibilities for your bars and, once you have all of that sorted, you can right-click on each differently named token to Add it to the Turn Tracker.

If you leave ALL of the bad guys linked to a single sheet, ALL OF THEM will use ALL THE SAME numbers, including action and effect saves to the Turn Tracker, and if ONE of them takes damage, ALL OF THEM take the same damage. I'm sorry, but I've tried it just using a base character record and entering the values -separate of the Character record- to each token, and it still DOES NOT WORK properly.

It's going to take work, just work of a different type.
When I was running Torg Eternity for my family in 2018, my youngest Son (18, then) had a Nile Empire Weird Scientist with a robot nicknamed Stompy. At the end of the last adventure we played before my Wife and I moved to Texas, he asked,

“Hey Dad, can Stompy have Stealth?” This is a 450-pound robot being made into a Weird Science helper, made almost of solid steel, and he wanted to add Stealth… we died the table-round at the prospect.

GeniusCodeMonkey
Gnoll

Post by GeniusCodeMonkey »

Kuildeous wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:48 pm
I run a couple of PbP games. I handle cards with a Google Sheet just for tracking GM stuff:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I copy and paste cards onto a player spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I could use this for real-time games too actually.
This is epic. I doff my hat to you sir.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Stolz
Bugbear

Post by Stolz »

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:40 am
Each enemy combatant MUST have their own Character Sheet (open the Edit window for a basic sheet, if you have one saved, then go to the Duplicate button to the left of the red Delete button, duplicate as many as you need, change the name in the Edit window, such as ST 1, ST 2, ST 3, etc. for my Nile Shocktroops, or whatever you're using). Each Token MUST be named for one of those sheets, to match it. Once you've done that, if you want to use the Character sheet the way it's SUPPOSED to be used, you'll select the proper name for the token, select shock, wound, and possibilities for your bars and, once you have all of that sorted, you can right-click on each differently named token to Add it to the Turn Tracker.

If you leave ALL of the bad guys linked to a single sheet, ALL OF THEM will use ALL THE SAME numbers, including action and effect saves to the Turn Tracker, and if ONE of them takes damage, ALL OF THEM take the same damage. I'm sorry, but I've tried it just using a base character record and entering the values -separate of the Character record- to each token, and it still DOES NOT WORK properly.

It's going to take work, just work of a different type.
To avoid multiple character sheets for enemies, I rather change the settings on tokens (after placing them on the map) to make them "generic" tokens. By doing so, they keep the colored bars for wounds, shocks and possibilities (when relevant), but don't affect the character sheet they're generated from. So, I just have to change the numbers on each token to show some wounds, shocks, etc.

princeearwig
Hobgoblin

Post by princeearwig »

BTW Who do we have to play for the critical moment at to get involved in any digital resource playtests?
I keep seeing mentions of FG2 development of TorgE and would love to put some input into the process and provide some feedback.
Especially want to see how it's going to handle card play.

Rabbitball
Hobgoblin

Post by Rabbitball »

princeearwig wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:53 pm
BTW Who do we have to play for the critical moment at to get involved in any digital resource playtests?
I keep seeing mentions of FG2 development of TorgE and would love to put some input into the process and provide some feedback.
Especially want to see how it's going to handle card play.
I'd guess Robert Adducci, but this is an Unskilled test for me and I need to save my Possibilities and cards for more important tests at this time. :ugeek:
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-Author Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Rhinoceraptor for the Grande Temple of Jing
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead." —Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering, 9th Edition

Return to “TORG”