[SQGAlternity] "Modular design"

The Future Has No Limits Gamma World can be discussed in it's own forum. Dark•Matter, StarCraft Adventures, Star*Drive, Tangents, Dark Nebula, Protostar and other Alternity settings can be discussed here.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

RobJN
Dire Flumph

[SQGAlternity] "Modular design"

Post by RobJN »

Have the two settings released for Sasquatch Games' 2017 version of Alternity taught us anything about their "modular design" approach? Is there anything to be sussed out of those two expansions that can teach us anything about how newer material interacts with the core ruleset?

I have not purchased the "Campaign seasons" for Protostar or Dark Nebula, but did get the Protostar Arms and Equipment guide (cybernetics and moar things-that-go-pew-pew)

I've held off on doing much work crossing over from the original Alternity to the new one, mainly because vast tracts of the new system simply have not been developed to support pieces-parts that I'm making heavy use of for my sci-fantasy work on Blackmoor-before-the-Fall.

Computers/gridcasting and magic, for example, play huge roles.... but as yet have no equivalents in SQ Alternity beyond one skill and repurposing Psionics and mutations from the playtest draft.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Starglim
Hobgoblin

Re: [SQGAlternity] "Modular design"

Post by Starglim »

The Protostar A&EG's cybergear system might be an example to give some insight. On a quick review, the Dark Nebula Mission Guide doesn't seem to include any player-accessible modular rules, just the new species and their talents.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Re: [SQGAlternity] "Modular design"

Post by RobJN »

Good to know I didn't miss much, then....
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Return to “Alternity”