[Royodo] Websites

Visit Krynn's mysterious second continent and other lands that lie beyond the shores of Ansalon.
The Book-House: Find Taladas products.

Moderators: maddog, Dragonhelm

Havard
Dragon Turtle

[Royodo] Websites

Post by Havard » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:57 am

Dragonhelm wrote:
Cthulhudrew wrote:OT, but where is this Ryodo website? I've seen a couple of references here on the boards, but can't seem to locate a url anywhere. My Google-Fu is failing me!
Might be due to a typo. Here you go. Please note, this is still in development.

Royodo, Lands of the Dragon Throne
I had completely missed this, but I really like this idea! I always felt that the Solamnic Knights to some extent were westernized Samurai, but other than that DL didnt have much of an Oriental element to it. Not that every setting needs to parallell R/W cultures all the time, but given that Oriental Adventures was available to those playing DL under the 1st Edition, it would make sense that they would want to make use of their OA material in the DL campaigns.

I like that this setting also has kender, gullydwarves and other elements that gives Ryodo a firm Krynnish flavour!

Is this your project, Trampas?

Havard
Last edited by Havard on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Royodo] Website

Post by Big Mac » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:31 pm

This is by a guy called Nael. At one time I think it was all his own work, but I believe he got some assistance somewhere along the way.

I was in contact with Nael for a couple of years, and he really has a passion for this stuff. I've not been able to get any news lately. Hopefully he is just busy.

The project has since been renamed: Shattered Lands of Royodo. It was originally a 3e project, but according to the Argonesti Ice Elves preview on Dragonlance Nexus, they have switched to 4e.

Here is another website: The Shattered Lands Gazetteer. I think that Nael is abandoning the first website and making a second version on the new website.

There is actually a preview cover for Shattered Lands of Royodo. But I can't find the link at the moment.
Last edited by Big Mac on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Post by Dragonhelm » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:52 pm

BTW, you might change the thread title. It's Royodo, not Ryodo. I make that mistake a lot too. :oops:

I've invited Nael to come over here and talk about it. Hopefully, he'll have time.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:39 pm

It would be great if Nael would come over here.
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Big Mac wrote:The project has since been renamed: Shattered Lands of Royodo. It was originally a 3e project, but according to the Argonesti Ice Elves preview on Dragonlance Nexus, they have switched to 4e.
Its understandable that it has been changed to 4E, but I really prefer 3E as I am more familiar with it and it also seems easier to translate to older editions.
Here is another website: The Shattered Lands Gazetteer. I think that Nael is abandoning the first website and making a second version on the new website.
Thanks for these links. The last one, at tripod, is a bit of a pop-up nightmare though...
There is actually a preview cover for Shattered Lands of Royodo. But I can't find the link at the moment.
I'd love to see that. The concept art on that other website looked inspiring though! :)
Dragonhelm wrote:BTW, you might change the thread title. It's Royodo, not Ryodo. I make that mistake a lot too. :oops:
Fixed! :)
I've invited Nael to come over here and talk about it. Hopefully, he'll have time.
That would be great! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Dragonhelm
Aurak

Re: [Royodo] Websites

Post by Dragonhelm » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:26 pm

Looks like Nael is talking about it over in the Dragonlance subforum of this site. Check it out!
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:56 am

Dragonhelm wrote:Looks like Nael is talking about it over in the Dragonlance subforum of this site. Check it out!
The thread is called: DL's Shattered Lands.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Havard wrote:Thanks for these links. The last one, at tripod, is a bit of a pop-up nightmare though...
True. That website is practically unusable sometimes.

I've got to say that I think that Nael is a genius and that Shattered Lands of Royodo is the kind of thing that almost every campaign setting needs to have. But I think the migration from site to site and from ruleset to ruleset has held back this exciting Oriental Dragonlance expansion.

If you are interested in making this thread into a Royodo website list, there is also a Shattered Lands group on Dragonlance forums.

That is pretty quiet, but they also have a Shattered Lands forum on the Dragonlance Forums too.
Havard wrote:
Big Mac wrote:There is actually a preview cover for Shattered Lands of Royodo. But I can't find the link at the moment.
I'd love to see that. The concept art on that other website looked inspiring though! :)
This isn't the artwork that I saw, but DeviantArt has a cover painting for Shattered Lands of Royodo:

I've also found some artwork called Xianese Sunrise on ArtZone:

I might make a Royodo art thread, in the Dragonlance forum, at some point.

Return to “Taladas and Otherlands”